May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! 

I royally screwed this one up by having WAY too high of expectations. I mean, my husband did really great but...I just shouldn't have pictured the heavenly day that I did. I pictured Brody somehow knowing it was Mother's Day and sleeping in til like 10am. (He is usually up by 7:30am.) Then I pictured napping. And then napping some more. Ha! 

I woke up to coffee and a donut--which was exactly what I asked for! And my husband surprised me with a new sectional for our living room AND put it together all in the same day. This Mother's Day was GREAT! Travis and I just had a little disagreement because I declared it "Mother's Day WEEKEND" and he said there is no such thing. Hmph.

All kidding aside, I am so blessed and thankful for my little family. I still can't quite believe that I am a mommy. 
Travis and I have been blessed to have two great moms in our lives. Both of whom have supported us and loved us unconditionally. I was a tough kid--I snuck around stealing my sister's candy and had my mouth washed out with soap countless times. I'm pretty sure Travis' mom would say he was an angel. Either way, we are so grateful for you two being there for us! We don't know what we would do without you! And to our grandmas, you're awesome. We love you!

I think we can get so wrapped up in our lives and not see that some are hurting--especially on Holidays like today. So to those of you who are hurting, I pray you find joy in the beauty that surrounds you. That's what I'm doing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment