May 7, 2013

Broderick::First Bites

This past weekend while my mom was in town visiting, we decided to give Brody his first taste of baby food. I had some organic sweet potatoes on hand so that's what he got! I steamed them, mashed them up and then froze the rest in an ice cube tray.
 We originally said that we'd wait until he was 6 months to give him food. But at 5 1/2 months, he was showing signs of being really, really interested in our food. He would smack his lips, drool even more, and suck on his lips. We figured it was the right time and he was ready.

When I put the spoon up to his mouth he knew exactly what to do. He did SO great--we were really impressed.
 Brody's reaction to this funky, new stuff in his mouth:)
"Daddy, help me." 
 Then he started huffing for more when the spoon was up by his mouth and getting excited. I have given him sweet potatoes the past three days and he has scarfed it down! Yesterday he was wanting more than the one ice cube of it!
Good job, buddy. You did so great! You are getting to be such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment