April 30, 2013

Broderick::My Baby

As I sit here watching my baby play, hearing the patter of his feet repeatedly slam on the carpet as he lays on his tummy, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude. Yes, I am also listening to him fill his diaper but still--gratitude. He is getting the hang of sitting up and it's so fun to watch him learn things.
Every single time I get him out of his crib, my heart turns into a puddle(not literally--but I won't get into my annoyance with the overuse of the word 'literally' right now). His sweet, groggy face looks up at me and I pick up his tiny, sleepy body. I keep thinking that he is growing up so fast but those moments where he slinks into my arms and lays his head on my shoulder remind me that he is my baby. 
And my favorite picture of my baby...

Just look at that smirk!! This will be going up somewhere in our house...

2 comments:

  1. He is SOOO cute Danielle:) Sending you lots of love from Nepal! Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie!! Sending you two LOTS of love from Chico!!:)

      Delete