August 9, 2012

Chico California Photographer::I'm a List Person

When I get stressed about all of the 'things' bouncing around in my head that need to get done, making a list normally takes the edge of anxiety away. Normally.

We are 25 weeks pregnant. That means we have give or take 15 weeks left. It has gone by so unbelievably fast and I know these next few months will be the same(maybe a little slower). So what does this mean? It means I am FREAKING OUT INSIDE. When I come home with an afternoon off, I think of all of the things I need to do to get ready for this cute little guy. However, they don't get done.

So, I am writing a list. I am writing a list for my sanity. In college I had my planner with me everywhere I went. I'd even write things like "grab lunch" or "pick up milk". Now that it has been a while since college, my planner is more for work so I don't use it to the same degree. I think I need to get a big one and start to rely on it more. Are you a list person? 

Here is a look at my list so far for things to do before baby Albini gets here. I realize you probably don't care to know these things, but again...it is partially for my sanity:).

::Buy dresser
::Paint frames darker orange and hang up
::Paint mirror border teal and hang up
::Get excess fabric from Mom to put in Embroidery hoops
::Cut and sew curtains(move excess to bathroom curtains)
::Create art for three frames
::Deep clean carpets
::Wash all his clothes
::Install carseat and bases in each car
::Clean all bottles and pump gear
::Pack hospital bag
Iphone photo.

The things that are stressing me out are mainly for getting his room ready. Which, in reality, isn't that big of a deal. He won't be sleeping in there for a little while and he won't know if the frames aren't up. But, if I can't get my first baby's Nursery done then our next kids are doomed! :)

For you Moms out there, what am I missing? What were some big items on your 'to-do' lists before baby? 

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...your list looks pretty good! I had a lot of baby related things on my list...but also other personal/work things I wanted to get done before he got here. Things like: update my website with new photos, paint my office,deep clean car, organizing everything int he house, paint canvases for his room, spend time with friends!, buy new desk, etc! Believe it or not, I got it all done before he arrived! It made i go by faster too :) My list for getting things done concerning baby were: wash clothes, paint furniture, clean toys/bottles, buy costco diapers/wipes, sort clothes, paint bookshelf, pack hospital bag, find pediatrician, etc. As you can see, I am definitely a list person too! I'm sure you'll get it all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take deep breaths. It will all get done. And if it doesn't get done before he arrives, he will sleep enough during the day for you to finish! All you really need to have done before he gets here is a crib with some sheets and a carseat (even if it isn't installed before you have him, Travis can do it while you are in the hospital:) You guys are going to be great and once he is here, you won't even think about the stuff you didn't get done! But for what it's worth, I am a planner like you too. Just keep making lists and you'll get it done!!!

    ReplyDelete