July 23, 2012

22 weeks

Hi there friends! I officially feel pregnant now. I get these little smiles from strangers after I notice them look down at my belly. 

While at Travis' parent's house Friday night, I was laying on the floor while a few of us watched my belly jiggle and bounce from baby kicks. My stomach looked little,I thought--so compact and like a cantaloupe was under my shirt.

Fast forward to Saturday and all of a sudden I felt big. It could have partly been this dress that I was wearing. It was tightest right above my belly and then just flowed--it didn't form to my figure. However, even Travis' mom said that I looked a lot bigger than the day before! Ah!
I do have some pictures of my face in this outfit but we had just gotten back from shooting a wedding and my cheeks were still bright red from standing in the sun:)

Onto 22 week deets...

Weeks: 22
Weight gain: 12.5 (oops...we ate a lot the past week!)
Baby's size: About 11 inches long and weighing a little over 1 pound.
Maternity clothes: Tops are getting a little short but still work. I bought some yoga pants for $9, the dress pictured above for $12, and a high waisted skirt for $10 all on sale from Target. I was in need of some bottoms that were comfy.
Changes: I really think I've popped out--I also think I'll be saying that every week from here on out!
Food cravings: Sweets and carbs...maybe thats why I gained an extra pound this week. Need to be more disciplined.
Food aversions: Nothing really.
Best moment this week: Feeling him move so much is such a great reassurance that he is doing well--I enjoy it a lot! We also got to skype with our new niece and see our sister with her new baby! 
Worst moment this week: I am tired. I took a nap yesterday and it was amazing. 
Missing anything: Not really.
Looking forward to: Getting closer to November!


No comments:

Post a Comment