September 22, 2011

She knows me.

I really love my sister in law, Torrie. Not only does she know what I like, but she is so thoughtful in surprising me with little gifts here and there. I went down to her place in San Diego yesterday and as we were sippin' our coffee, she told me she got me something.
I've mentioned a few times on here that I love thrifty, vintage plates. I have started a little collection and Torrie has graciously added to it. She even got me a beautiful Anthropologie plate for my birthday! Yeah, it's my favorite. I love the colors of the flowers on the one she most recently gave me.
Thanks, Torrie--one day you will have to come up to Chico and we can bake and eat our treats off of some vintage plates:)

While my mother in law and I were visiting Torrie, we all stopped by Anthropologie to look around. My mother in law ended up buying this book.
Feeling nostalgic and missing my hubby, I read a lot of the quotes on our drive home. I finally get to see him in two days! Anyways, thought I would share a few of my favorites.

"God loves us the way we are, but too much to leave us that way."
-Leighton Ford, evangelist.

"Anyone can be passionate but it takes real lovers to be silly."
-Rose Franken, writer.

"Divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there's less of you."-Margaret Atwood, writer.

"Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness."
-H. Jackson Brown, Jr., writer.

Thanks for following and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment