May 19, 2011

Celebrating my hubby

I have a pretty big to-do list, a LOT of photos to edit, and family coming into town tomorrow. But, amidst all of my things to-do, I wanted to share what we did tonight. Travis' dad is in town, which was great timing because tonight there was an Awards Ceremony celebrating the Business students who were Cum Laude(along with other awards). Cum Laude means that you have a GPA in the top 5% of your class. Wow! Top 5% is pretty amazing. Especially when you were a college athlete(he played tennis at Palomar), worked part time every year, got married, and had such a difficult wife to deal with!:)
So, tonight Trav got a medal that he will sport at the Graduation ceremony on Sunday, a "great job, babe!", and pat on the back for all of his hard work. Truthfully, he rarely studied. Taking tests comes easily to him. I know, I am jealous too. This doesn't mean that he didn't put A LOT of hard work into projects, business plans, and group study sessions, because he did. He was a very dedicated student and his Cum Laude Award is proof. He is the most honest man I have ever known, he has a heart of gold, and can do anything he puts his mind to. I'm proud of him and I just know there are great plans for his life. 

Anyways--there was a buffet with carved fruit, stuffed mushrooms, deviled eggs, and more! The Business Department has the most money out of any Department in the College. I said if this was the Psychology department then we'd be having a potluck picnic!:)
 WOOHOO!
 Travis with his fellow Cum Laudes.
 Ow-Ow!
 Father and Son
 We stopped by Farmer's Market to get some flowers for my coffee table. $5 for a huge bouquet that my f-i-l bought=a happy wife.
Great job, Travis!! All of your hard work has paid off and in 3 days you will be walking across a stage getting your diploma. 

Thanks for following! Back to editing for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment