April 21, 2011

Feather Falls

Those of you who know me best, know that I am not one to partake in activities that require high endurance. I like leisurely walks and bike rides. The only sport that I played in high school was softball and honestly, it is probably one of the laziest sports you can play. Now, I'm not saying that I am totally out of shape but last Saturday I was put to the test with a 9 mile hike. It was 4.5 miles in and 4.5 miles out. We left Chico at 5:30am and the weather could not have been better. We went with some friends from our Bible Study and some new friends who brought along their two toddlers--the two most well behaved toddlers I have ever seen(on a 9 mile hike)!
Here are some photos from our hike. I was slightly obsessed with the little newts that were on the trail. So cute! There were also some banana slugs but they kinda looked like dog poop...
 All of our jackets were off on the way back. You should've seen my bright red cheeks!
 What a brave guy...
 The beautiful waterfall peaking through the trees before we got to the bottom platform...
 Only a real man can wear his wife's floral print backpack! 
 Looking Left from the Lookout...
Looking Right from the Lookout...
I zoomed in so you could see Travis and Stu on the fence...
 More proof of a real man...
The blisters on my feet have gone away and the soreness has subsided. We had so much fun and would recommend the hike to anyone in the area! Needless to say, I am pretty sure I passed the test!

Realized after I did this entire post that I forgot to Watermark the photos--please don't steal the photos of my newts or the waterfall:)

No comments:

Post a Comment