January 9, 2011

My Random Thoughts

*Warning: A lot of rambling is on this blog post. Feel free to skip down to the cute photos!

Travis and I, along with lots o' Albinis, have been spending time with our new niece in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Emrie Delayne was born December 21st weighing 8 pounds 6 ounces. She is the first grandbaby on both sides. Therefore, she is ridiculously spoiled with love and arms to hold her. She is honestly the most beautiful newborn baby I have ever laid eyes on. Okay, maybe I am a little biased.

I pray often about my future children. I pray that they would be healthy; That I will be a consistent, loving, and modeling mother. I pray that I will be able to have a patient heart and be a mother who leads my children and teaches them in the way of the Lord. I'm thankful for the people in our lives who have taught us about parenthood and life in general. I'm also very thankful for Travis and his realistic idea of what it will be like to be parents. Sure, we have no idea until we actually do become parents. But, I'm thankful for how he keeps me grounded when it comes to wanting to become a mom. I tend to have the thoughts of "It's going to be so fun!" and he tends to rebuttal with "Yeah, but it is going to be a lot of work!" True. Absolutely true.

I think that we are in a weird spot in our lives because we got married really young and we've been married 3 years in June. Most of our friends are having children so that "baby itch" is nothing new around here. I have always loved children and have looked forward to starting a family. It is just not in our agenda for the next few years. We want to be able to travel a little more, settle down, and spend some more time just the two of us.

By posting all of the adorable pictures of Emrie, we get a lot of comments about starting our own family. Honestly, they make me smile. They also put me in a place of not being completely content with where I am. They make me wish for more, which isn't going to happen for a while. However, being here in the house with Emrie also helps me see how much more goes into having a family. Once again, totally worth it...but hard work! I'm thankful for Travis' heart and where we are right now. That part of our lives is already written, we just haven't reached that chapter.

In light of all of this baby talk I thought I would share some of my favorite photos of little Emrie from our trip so far.

Enjoy!









Emrie and her aunties who love her dearly!


Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment