October 7, 2010

DIY Toilet Paper Pumpkins

Who knew you could make toilet paper cute?

I found this idea on a blog but I can't remember which one. I googled it and it is everywhere so sorry for the lack of recognition to one blog. This is super easy and I think they are really cute.

I am making them for some friends who live right across the street from campus. They always have friends stopping by and using their goods. Thought I'd give them some cute fall decor and then make up for all of the tp I've used they have had to buy for other people the past few years!


Materials:
-fall fabrics
-felt (or whatever you will use for the stem)
-full toilet paper rolls
-scissors


These fabrics were on sale at JoAnns...40% off I think. Plus I had a 20% off coupon for my entire purchase...score!


Place the toilet paper in the middle of the fabric and cut around it leaving enough room to fold up and push into the toilet paper roll. Cut off the corners to use for leaves.



 Here is a picture of me pulling the fabric into the center of the roll.

-Do this to all of the toilet rolls.
-Then cut leaves out of the corners of excess fabric. I just did this by hand, it's easy. No one will notice if the leaves aren't symettrical.
-Cut pieces of felt or whatever you are using for the stem. I cut about a 3x6in. rectangle to roll up.
-I then used a piece of thred and thredded through the ends of the leaves and connected it to the felt stem in the middle. This was basically just to keep the leaves in the hole and attached to something.

Finished product:



 This one has a felt leaf because I was going to do felt leaves in the beginning but I liked the look of the different patterns in the leaves.

If I made this too confusing, just google it.

Hope you liked it and Happy Fall!!

3 comments:

  1. wow that sure is crafty! Did you come up with this idea yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it on a blog a while back but I can't remember which one. It is all over crafty sites, though. You should try it, it is super easy and cute! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I am going to keep this in mind for fall this year :-)

    ReplyDelete