October 8, 2010

DIY Fabric Flowers

Recently, I came across this fad of flowers made out of fabric. A friend of mine looked up a tutorial and said it was super easy. I have seen them on a few blogs and they're to die for. Here is what some of them look like...

Check out The Anderson Crew to see how she made this awesome necklace:


http://andersonfamilycrew.blogspot.com/2010/10/diy-fabric-flower-necklace.html

My friend Krissy is getting married next June and she ordered this garter off of Etsy:


(something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue)

Check out this Etsy site to see more of her work: http://www.etsy.com/shop/rosebudlips


I decided I wanted to try this fad out! I have this horrendously boring LapTop case that I have been wanting to replace. Since I can't really justify spending $30 on another LapTop case, I decided to do some DIY craftzies.

Materials:
-fabric of your choice
-felt
-doily
-hot glue gun
-scissors


Step #1. Cut out pieces of fabric about 2 inches wide and 15 inches long. The bigger you want the flower, the longer you should make the fabric.

Step #2. Start to roll and twist!

Step #3. Use your hot glue gun to glue as you twist. Glue just enough to keep it in place. At the end you will use some felt to secure it in the back.
                                                                     First one done!

Step #4. Attach doily to LapTop case


Step #5. Cut out a circle of felt

 Step #6. Finish the rest of the flowers that you want and hot glue gun or sew the back of them to whatever your base is.



The main problem with this is that now my husband won't really like using this case. But hey! That just secures the Mac as mine even more so!

You can use any fabric and I'm sure it will look cute.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment